Crohn’s disease is the inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. The disease is part of the inflammatory bowel diseases or IBD. Crohn’s disease directly affects lineum part of the bowel, and the part where the colon begins. However, it can slowly affect anywhere in the gastrointestinal tract. Do not confuse this with ulcerative colitis, and gastric ulcers. The symptoms include abdominal cramps, continuous diarrhea, rectal bleeding, and erratic bowel movements. Conventional medicines may give you comfort from the inflammation, but nothing is as good as the unconventional medicine or consumption of anti-inflammatory herb, Aloe Vera.
Aloe Vera – the Magical Medicinal Plant
Aloe Vera is a medicinal plant that has been around since the ancient civilization for its multifarious purposes and uses. The long pointed leaves that grow from the plant contain a gel that has medicinal properties. Aloe Vera juice is also available in the supermarkets and has a soothing effect on the bowel walls and works as an anti-inflammatory herb.
However, one needs to take care of the consumption since it also can cause constipation. It works as a soothing agent for the walls of the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, a person suffering from mild to moderate levels of Crohn’s disease can have this and find it anti-inflammatory.
For many centuries, Aloe Vera plant has risen to be the most common go-to option for treating sunburns and other skin infections. However, recent research studies have proven that Aloe vera gel can also help to improve inflammatory bowel disease and ulcerative colitis. The leafs of the aloe vera plant is made of two major part; an inner leaf pulp that is responsible for storing aloe vera gel and an outer leaf pulp that promotes the transportation of Aloe Vera latex.
Is Aloe Vera Good for Crohn’s Disease?
People suffering from Crohn’s disease should drink this juice in prescribed quantity two to three times a day. They will find that the entire gastrointestinal tract is relaxing. People also have found other such herbal solutions relieving. But the effect of the anti-inflammatory food Aloe Vera is undeniable.
On consuming the Aloe Vera juice, you will find that the gel directly works on the anti-bacterial properties of the vulnerable Helicobacter Pylori stains. They must consume this Aloe Vera juice for three months for getting right results.
Many people mistake the symptoms of Ulcerative colitis with Crohn’s disease. There is a difference in both the diseases though both are part of the IBD. This is why only on the diagnosis of the Crohn’s disease it is advisable to consume the Aloe Vera juice.
What Makes Aloe Vera Juice Effective?
Aloe Vera juice has the property of making the body feel hydrated, and this is one of the best reasons for the people to believe in Aloe Vera juice for treating Crohn’s disease.
Rich in phytonutrients, the Aloe Vera juice is every bit ideal for constipation and discomfort that is so prevalent in the Crohn’s disease. As an anti-inflammatory food, Aloe is reliable.
What is Aloe Vera Crohn’s disease treatment?
There is no cure for this disease but using natural medications like Aloe Vera can either reduce or minimize the symptoms present. Many people prefer to use the natural medication rather than relying on the medications prescribed to them by the health experts.
There are numerous benefits of using Aloe Vera if you are diagnosed with Crohn disease. Some of the proven benefits are mentioned below:
- Aloe Vera is quite famous for its anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties. The gel is extracted from the plant in order to utilize its benefits. A study was conducted on the use of Aloe Vera in order to prevent inflammation. The study included a group of 44 patients and each patient was diagnosed with an ulcerative colitis. Half of the patients were given a placebo and half of them were given the gel extracted from Aloe Vera. It was found out that there was a considerable amount of decrease in the symptoms of the Crohn disease in people who used Aloe Vera as compared to people who used the placebo. However, majority of the people voluntarily opted for the placebo instead of using the gel extracted from Aloe Vera.
- Aloe Vera for Crohn disease can also prevent cell damage with the help of its anti-oxidant properties. It helps the body to neutralize by removing the harmful toxins and radicals from the human body.
- Furthermore, Aloe Vera also plays a vital role as an immunomodulator in people who are suffering through Crohn disease. People who have a weak immune system are diagnosed with this disease therefore it is very important to strengthen the immune system in order to make sure that the condition of the patient is not aggravated who is suffering from this disease. It helps in fighting against harmful toxins, radicals and bacteria that are responsible in triggering the immune response.
- The natural medication like Aloe Vera can help deal with the growth of various pathogens that can easily have an impact on your digestive tract. It helps prevent inflammation within your digestive tract and also improves the entire process of digestion.
- People who have an inflamed digestive tract tend to face the problem of ulcers as well. Ulcers are formed when your immune system is not capable enough to fight the different foreign and harmful substances present in your body. If people, who are facing Crohn disease, consume Aloe Vera on a regular basis then they can have a control the amount of gastric juices that are secreted thus preventing the formation of ulcers within your digestive tract.
- The anti-bacterial properties of Aloe Vera help in getting rid of harmful bacteria that can easily worsen your condition. The immune cells tend to gather near the area where the inflammation is thus making sure that bacteria and harmful toxins present are minimized rather than being multiplied.